Thursday, December 31, 2015

Writing B/X Stuff with LaTeX

A few weeks back I started rewriting my B/X house rules and I wanted to make things look roughly like the original B/X books. Note the roughly! I took some liberties with the original layout where it seemed appropriate.

Then Alex Schroeder said he'd maybe use such a LaTeX style as well, so I spent a few hours extracting things into a little LaTeX class file. Here's what documents formatted with bxart look like:


You can get the relevant files from my Google Drive. I am sure that this thing needs more work in the future, so I'll probably slap it on github.com sometime in 2016. Happy to hear your feedback!

Update 2016/05/03: I've finally pushed this onto github.com so I am going to take down the Google Drive link to encourage folks to contribute. Of course to the best of my knowledge I only have one user anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment